Created in 1997, the Commercial Bank-Cameroun (CBC) assist companies and individuals in their financial operations and in the financing of their activities and projects.
Set Up Created in 1997 by Cameroonian and foreign Investors(FOTSO Group; SNAC Insurances; private Cameroonian investors and DEG Cologne, Germany) following the closure in Cameroon of several foreign-owned banks such as the Crédit Agricole, BICIC and Meridien BIAO, the Commercial Bank-Cameroun is a financial institution whose principal mission is:
- To assist companies and individuals in their financial operations and in the financing of their activities and projects.
- To achieve this, the following credit is available to individuals: Term loans, Mortgage loans, business loans, investment loans, Short-term advances and Credit guarantees.
Clients also have access to the following savings products: Deposit accounts, Savings bonds, cash management products: Term deposits, Bank cheques as well as other services such as: certified cheques, Gold Cheque, funds collection, rental of client safe deposit boxes, overdraft facilities and soon, e-banking.
Branches in Cameroon
CBC Bank has six regional branches and two Western Union points in the principal towns of Cameroon: Douala (opened in November 1997), Yaoundé (January 1998), Bafoussam (February 1998), Garoua (October 1998), Maroua (December 1998) and Akwa (September 2003).
Given its international perspective, the Commercial Bank-Cameroun has a branch network throughout the central African sub-region via associate banks :
- The Commercial Bank-Tchad (CBT) in Chad; - The Commercial Bank-Centrafrique (CBCA) in the Central African Republic.
- The Commercial Bank-Guinea Ecuatorial (CBGE) in Equatorial Guinea will soon be joining the network.
- The Commercial Bank-Sao Tomé e Principe (COBSTP)in Sao Tomé e Principe.
Associated & Correspondent Banks The CBC banking network extends worldwide thanks to correspondent banks.
- In France this includes: Crédit Commercial de France (CCF), BNP Paribas Paris, Banque Belgolaise Paris;
- In Germany: American Express-Bank Frankfurt;
- In the USA: American Express Bank, New York;
- In Benin: EcoBank Bénin Cotonou; in Mali: Banque de l'Habitat Bamako;
- In Chad: Financial Bank N'djamena;
- In the Central African Republic: Banque Internationale pour la Centrafrique (BICA) and
- In Gabon: Banque Internationale pour le Commerce et l'Industrie du Gabon (BICIG) and BGFI Bank.